Friday, July 11, 2008

Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my new blog page! My name is Michele Grady and I am a self taught jewelry artist/silversmith. I started beading when I was young and have been making metal jewelry since I was a teenager. I create jewelry from sterling silver and then set it with semi precious stones or freshwater pearls. I sometimes also add copper, brass, gold, beads (and whatever else I might find) to my work. I now sell my work through my own website www.michelegrady.com as well as at art festivals and through galleries accross the country. I also teach classes and workshops in silversmithing, wire working and PMC.

Speaking of which, I am gettting ready to teach a workshop in PMC this Saturday, July 19. PMC, or Precious Metal Clay, is a material that works like clay until it is fired in a kiln. Once fired it becomes silver and then can be worked like metal. It's a fun material to work with and people get very creative with it. I will post some pictures of my students and their work here as soon as I can. (You can find out more and see a sample of a piece made with PMC here).

I also had some exciting news yesterday. An online interview with me was posted on www.chicgalleria.com (You can check it out by clicking the link). I am now a "chic thing for women" according to them! :)

Well, thanks for taking the time to check out my new blog. I plan on posting here at least once or twice a week so check back and see what's new!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...