Thursday, November 20, 2008

10 Days To Go, Kate's Bracelet & Christmas Lights?

Well my 7th Annual Holiday Trunk Show is now 10 days away and nothing seems to be getting accomplished in terms of my readiness. This event is held on the Sunday after Thanksgiving every year in my home, which has to be totally rearranged furniture wise to make room for all of the great handcrafted items and their wonderful creators. Needless to say, there is way more stuff in my house than there should be right now. So instead of me trying to figure out what to do with it all I am getting myself and my jewelry ready to take a trip to Pheonixville, PA tonight for a 3 hour Holiday event! I am hoping this will be worth the trip there because I have never done this event before. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

On another note....I wanted to post some pictures of one of my students very first pieces of jewelry. Kate is relatively new to jewelry class (this is only her second session) and she finally finished her very first project which was a malachite and sterling silver bracelet. Kate made the settings, set the stones and then attached the whole thing together. It turned out beautifully and she did a great job! I took these pictures the day she finished her bracelet and I told her I would post them here but then I totally slacked off. I have had these images in my camera for over 2 weeks now! Sorry, Kate!


Kate's bracelet


Kate modeling her very first creation (and hey, that's one of my necklaces too)

And finally ( I just had to add this in).... since when does Christmas come right after Halloween? Why are people putting up Christmas lights on their houses right after they take down the Halloween decorations? And why are the radio stations playing Holiday music all day long in November? Doesn't anyone celebrate Thanksgiving anymore!?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...