Sunday, March 8, 2009

Photos from classes and workshops....

I have fallen behind with my postings.....I have been teaching classes & workshops that I have been photographing on a regular basis because my students have made some really wonderful things. The only problem is that I haven't posted any of the pictures like I had promised them I would do! So to all of you that I have photographed I apologize and finally here are some pictures from my last couple of classes and workshops!

Yesterday I taught the "Memories of Summer" workshop. In this 1 day workshop students learn how to wire wrap beach glass, sea shells and/or river rocks from their summer vacations to make a pendant, a pair of earrings and ring.


Everyone hard at work



Bernadette modeling her finished sea glass earrings and pendant

They are also making some really cool things in my "Beginner/Intermediate Jewelry Making Class". This is a 7 week class which I teach silversmithing skills which include sawing, filing, finishing, stone setting and soldering with a torch.


Students working on their individual projects


Donna's finished necklace


Danielle's (Donna"s daughter) earrings and 2 pendants


Renee modeling her new earrings


Mindy's bracelet


Mindy wearing her new earrings


Colleen's necklace


Joanne soldering a flower onto her bracelet



Joanne modeling her new bracelet



a close up of Joanne's bracelet

And last but not least, 2 weeks ago I taught a "Corrugated Metal" workshop where students learned how to corrugate metal, oxidize it and then turn it into wearable art! They made both a pendant and pair of earrings to match.


A smaller and more intimate group


Allison modeling her new earrings

Well I think that about covers it all for now...Hopefully later today I will get to the Phila Flower Show. I heard that the show this year it is one of the nicest shows in a while. Not sure what the theme is this time around but if I do get to go later I will definitely post some pictures. I promise! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...