Thursday, August 28, 2008

So it's been a week....

So it's been a week since my last posting and you would think by now that I would have made some new jewelry from all my new found inspiration that I got while away on vacation last week....think again. Instead I have been working on redecorating my house instead. I usually get into my "redecorating" mood in the winter while I am trapped in the house (I hate the cold weather) where I will repaint a room, rearrange furniture, etc. But for some reason this mood skipped right over me last winter and has hit me full force now at the end of summer!

Some past winter projects have been rearranging and repainting my living room and hallway and another was painting a sky on the ceiling of my 21x14 foot bathroom and finishing it off with crown moulding. (there's 2 sections of ceiling in the bathroom. You can see the other half of the ceiling past the green header). I would never do this again. My neck was sore for days. Now I know how Michelangelo felt!



The past few days I have been working on 2 projects. The first is this piece of furniture which I found for really cheap and is now in my bathroom. Not sure what I am going to use it for but it seems to work in the space.


And the second project is redoing my son's room from top to bottom. He's 19 and his room has been painted white since we moved into this house 14 years ago. His favorite color is orange and I found this cute office furniture online that he wants to use in his bedroom. We ordered this piece and another to match but no luck finding a new bed as of yet. We also are still trying to figure out paint colors to go with the furniture and flooring but when it's done I'll post the finished product for all to see!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...