Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My EtsyMetal mentor...


I recently became a member of the EtsyMetal Team . It is a group of silversmiths, goldsmiths and metalsmiths from all over the world. You have to be juried into the group and members of the team work together to promote each other, their shops and the team. Once you are a member of the team you are paired up with a mentor. Your mentor is there to answer any questions you might have and to help you get a feel for your way around the group pages, forums, etc. My mentor is Shae from citizenobjects. She makes some really cool sculptures, belt buckles and jewelry mostly from found objects. My favorite is her deer head trophy. I think it's really amazing and would love to have it hanging in my house! I also like her souvenir penny jewelry ....probably because it brings back memories of one of my favorite vacations :)

So anyway, next time you are on Etsy type in "EtsyMetal" into the handmade search and check out some of the great work by other talented artists who do some amazing things with metal!


Shae's deer head trpohy which I love!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...