Wednesday, February 2, 2011

RAW #5 (Ring a Week)

This week for my RAW challenge ring I wanted to make a container ring (also called a poison ring). I knew I wanted to make a ring that opened but due to my busy schedule and lack of ideas for what the ring should look like, I decided that I would keep it simple this week. I ended up messing around in the studio and came up with these "saucer rings" instead. Each one has been textured via the rolling mill and then shaped with a slight curve or dome giving them their saucer shape. Each ring is finished by setting them with 3 semi precious stones. I am pretty happy with the design and probably will tweak them a bit and then add them to my production line.

the rings are set with lapis, peridot and amythyst stones

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...