Tuesday, February 8, 2011

RAW # 6 (ring a week)

Well, I finally did it! I finally made a ring that opens. I have always wanted to make a container type ring but never really had the time or should I say I never really gave myself the time to do so. By committing to participate in RAW the year I have had to force myself to set aside time each week to work on my projects. So here we are 6 weeks into RAW and I finally had a plan as to how I was going to make the ring. The shape actually came to me while watching the "Super Bowl" on Sunday night. That being said, I'm sure you can guess what the shape is before even looking at the photos below! The ring is made from sterling silver and set with an iolite stone. It has been roll printed, hydraulic pressed, soldered and oxidized before the stone was bezel set.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...