Wednesday, April 6, 2011

EtsyMetal Charm Swap 7

Well, not only did I find out last Thursday that I was the next curator/host for the EtsyMetal Charm Swap 8 (CS8) but I also found out that that they were short a "charm swapper" for Charm Swap 7 (CS7) due to unforeseen circumstances. Although Thursday was technically the last day for CS7, I was the next one on the alternates list, so I was told I could still participate if I wanted to. And of course I wanted to!  Even if  that meant I only had a few days to make 22 charms and get them shipped out! So needless to say the last few days were spent working on charms with little time for much else. My charms were modeled after one of my signature pieces, my "Constricted Heart Necklace", only smaller. They are formed in the hydraulic press to give them a "puffed" look. I then solder them together, wrap them with wire, which is also soldered on, then they are oxidized to bring out the detail. They are the cutest little things and maybe sooner or later they might be added into my jewelry line. But not until my fingers heal from all the work they have done over the past few days!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...