Thursday, August 25, 2011

Project Runway Challenge Season 9 - week (RAW 19)

This is the fourth week in the Etsy Metal Project Runway Challenge. Here are this week's details:


Project Runway Season 9: Episode 4
Design a piece for Nina Garcia


The Project Runway Challenge:
The designers were asked to design a day to night outfit for Nina Garcia

For our EtsyMetal Translation:
Make a piece of jewelry for Nina. There was a scene where she was going through jewelry at Marie Claire. Also she notes that she likes streamlined, modern looks. Whatever you do, don't bore Nina!

I chose the winning outfit created by Kimberly as my inspiration for my piece.


I really wanted to make a large brass cuff bracelet to go with this outfit but I did not have a big enough piece of brass on hand so I decided on a ring instead.  The texture of the ring was inspired by the texture in the gold fabric. I also made it adjustable. I have been playing around with the idea of adjustable rings and this is my first real piece that is adjustable. It is a simple yet elegant ring that can be taken from day to evening and I think it works perfectly with the winning outfit!




I also think these bangles that were not made for this challenge but were made not too long ago would also great on the opposite wrist from the ring :)


To see the rest of the Etsy Metal translations of this challenge check out the Etsy Metal Blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...